About This Site

This visa is for skilled workers nominated by an employers with a Labour Agreement. It lets you live and work in Australia temporarily.

With this visa, you can

  • work in Australia for up to 4 years for your sponsor
  • study (no government assistance)
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid

How long you can stay

Up to a maximum of 4 years, depending on the:

  • terms in the labour agreement
  • the validity period of your visa

Stay longer

If your visa is expiring and you want to maintain your sponsorship with your employer:

  • your employer will need to submit a new nomination
  • you must apply for a new visa.

You can’t stay longer by extending the visa.

Your employer could also sponsor you for permanent residence through the:

You might be eligible for other skilled work visas. Use our visa finder to find out options for work.

Include family

You can include the following family members in your application:

  • your partner
  • your dependent child
  • your partner’s dependent child

You can't add family members to your application after you apply. Family members can apply for their own TSS visa as a subsequent entrant.

Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements.


The visa costs AUD2455 for the main applicant and each dependent 18 years and over.

It costs AUD615 for each dependent under 18 years old.

You will have to pay other costs for English language tests, health checks, police certificates and biometrics.

To work out what your visa will cost use the Visa pricing estimator. The estimator does not take into account the other costs.

Apply from

You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application.

If you are in Australia, you must hold:

  • a substantive visa or
  • a bridging visa A, B or C

You might be able to apply even if your substantive visa has a no further stay condition attached to it.

Your obligations

You and your family must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.

You must begin your employment within 90 days of:

  • entry to Australia if you are outside Australia when grant the visa
  • the visa grant date if you are in Australia when we grant the visa

Learn more about conditions for this visa.


You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.

The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.

Visa label

We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.


You must work in Australia only for your employer who holds a labour agreement.

See which conditions will and might be attached to this visa.


Book a Consulation about this Visa

Complete our online enquiry form and one of our agents will contact you shortly