This visa is for skilled workers and New Zealand citizens who have been invited by the Department of Home Affairs’ to live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
The Points test stream - Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189
This visa is a permanent residency visa for applicants who are qualified in a skilled occupation that Australia needs. This visa allows you to live permanently in Australia. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
What this visa stream allows you to do
- Reside in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
- You do not need a sponsor
- You must be invited to apply
- You must be under 45 to be invited
Who you can include on your visa
You can include members of the family in your application. You can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before a decision on your visa.
The visa costs AUD3,755 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you. you can request this information for your
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is the second instalment. This fee is requested only if the department are going to grant the visa.
The second instalment charge for family members is AUD4,885.
Your Location at the time of application:
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application
You and your family must obey all Australian laws
To find out if this is the visa is right for you please contact one of our registered agent by email: Sabrina@emeraldvisas.com.au