This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
- be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia
- be under 45 years of age
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements
- you must hold a 457, TSS or related bridging visa A, B or C
- Usually, you must have worked for your employer full-time for at least three years
- You must be nominated by an Australian employer whose nomination was approved in the 6 months prior to you applying
With this visa you can:
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- include family members in your application when you apply
- add family members to your application after you apply but before we decide on your visa
For this visa, your family members are:
- your partner
- your dependent child or stepchild
- your partner's dependent child or stepchild
- the dependent child or stepchild of your or your partner's dependent child or stepchild
You can also include someone who holds a subclass 457 visa or subclass 482 visa if we granted them that visa on the basis they are a member of your family.
Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements.
Family members who do not apply for the visa with you might also have to meet the requirements.
Apply for this visa from in or outside Australia. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
You can be in or outside Australia when we decide on your application.
You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
We expect that you will work for your nominating employer in regional Australia for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.
You agree to begin your employment within 6 months of:
- entry to Australia if you were granted the visa outside Australia
- the visa grant date if you were granted the visa in Australia