With this visa the child can
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia's public healthcare scheme, Medicare
- sponsor relatives to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
The child can travel to and from Australia as many times as they want for 5 years from the date the department grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility of this visa remans valid.
If the child wants to travel after the inital 5-year travel facility:
- they will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) visa so they can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
- they might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If they become an Australian citizen, they don't require a visa to re-enter Australia. See more about eligibility requirements and current processing times for Australian citizenship
To see when the child's travel facility ends, use VEVO.
How long the child can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets the child stay in Australia indefinitely.
The child becomes a permanent resident the day the department grant the visa.
Include other children
If the child has siblings who also want to apply, submit separate applications for each sibling.
The child's dependent children can be included on their application when they apply or at any time before the department decide the application.
Dependent children of the child who apply for the visa must meet our health requirement.
Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirement.
The visa costs AUD2,470 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each dependent child who applies for the visa with you.
There might be other costs for health exams, police certificates and biometrics.
To work out what your visa will cost, use the Visa Pricing Estimator. The estimator does not take into account the other costs.
The child must be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when the application is submitted and when the department make a decision.
The child can't apply for this visa if they are in Australia on another visa with a no further stay condition.