With this visa you can
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia's public healthcare scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date the department grant this visa until the travel validity expires.
If you want to travel after the initial 5-year travel validity:
- you will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) so that you can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
- you might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If you become an Australian citizen, you don't require a visa to enter Australia. You will need to apply for an Australian passport and use it to leave and re-enter Australia. See more about eligibility requirements and current processing times for Australian citizenship
To see when your travel validity ends, use VEVO
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residence starts on the day the department grant the visa.
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. You can also add them to your application at any time before the department make a decision.
You will be required to include details of all your family members, whether they are migrating or not, in the application form.
For this visa, your family members are your dependent child and stepchild.
Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health and character requirements.
This visa costs from AUD6,100. There is also an additional charge for each family member who applies with you.
You pay for this visa in 2 parts called instalments.
Pay the first instalment when you apply. Pay the second instalment when the department ask you to.
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
You must be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply and when the department decide on your application.
Any family members who apply for the visa with you must also be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply.